Roosevelt’s Rangers Leadership Corps
The Roosevelt’s Rangers Leadership Corps is a new version of our Counselor-in-Training program. Rangers must be at least 14 years old and a First Class Scout. In order to qualify for the ranger program, scouts must fill out a camp staff application, participate in an interview, and provide a letter of reference from a scout leader. 10 Scouts will be selected to participate in this program.
The Roosevelt’s Rangers Leadership Corps will be a 5 week program and there will be no fee for the scouts selected. The complete official scout uniform must be worn at all times. Rangers will be treated as members of the staff and will be held to the same standards. To successfully complete this program, Scouts must participate in all training sessions and duties.
- Roosevelt’s Rangers will be housed at the Baitinger Woods campsite, with 2 staff advisors.
- Formal teaching techniques will be taught on a daily basis, with assignments to be completed and evaluated.
- Week one of the program will focus on training and observation. Rangers will select 3 program areas and during weeks 2 – 4, they will work/train in those 3 areas under the supervision of the Area Director. In the final week of the program, Rangers will be assigned an area to work/train.
- Rangers will be allotted time during the day to work on personal merit badges.
- For more information about this program please contact Program Director Orlando Southerland.