November 1 Update to Membership Fee Information
We invite the volunteers of the Garden State Council to watch this video message, recorded on November 1, 2019.
This is critical NEW information, especially for top unit leaders and those involved in the recharter process.
Please watch the video and then review the bullet points below.
What is happening?
• On October 23rd, the Boy Scouts of America announced that effective January 1, 2020, the annual youth registration fee will be $60. That’s up from $33. 100% of this fee goes to support National services.
• While the local Council understands the need, feedback from unit volunteers has focused on the poor timing. Many units have already planned for 2020 and started collecting fees.
• Volunteer members of the Executive Board of the Garden State Council have swiftly reviewed options with the goal of helping our families mitigate some of this increase for 2020.
What has been decided?
• The Executive Board is committing to use funds to help rechartering families offset some of the increase.
• These dollars come from an investment fund known as the Camp Corporation. The Camp Corporation is led by a Board of volunteers, who are also Board members of the Garden State Council.
• A communication will announce a final dollar amount on what the council will cover for each rechartering youth member of the Garden State Council on December 1st.
• This commitment from our Executive Board will only be for youth members, registered in the official database on November 30, 2019, and who plan to recharter.
• This is a one-time effort to help our current families prepare appropriately for the following year’s fees in 2021.
• Again, a final determination on the amount of support will be communicated on December 1st – and it will be based on officially registered youth members on November 30th.
If you have any questions, reach out to your District-serving Executive or contact email@example.com