On-line charter renewal is currently available to Cub Scout Packs, Boy Scout Troops, Venture Crews, Varsity Teams, Sea Scout Ships and Explorer Posts. Those units that that utilize the On-Line charter renewal will be processed prior to paper renewals
Learning for Life K-Kubs are done through your District Executive
Be sure to click underlined words for more information
In 2012 Southern New Jersey Council is going on-line with all charter renewals and asking that every unit (except K-Kubs) use their ON-LINE CHARTER RENEWAL.
Once your online site is activated by the National Council of the BSA, usually 60 days before the expiration of your current charter, you may view your current roster. But did you know that by accessing the On-Line Advancement site you can view and print a copy of your roster at any time.
Here is info on how to begin the process of Charter Renewal using the BSA's On-Charter Renewal System.
To get a copy of your roster you will need to go the BSA Charter Renewal site and you may do this in one of two ways:
1. MYSCOUTING-- is a web-portal maintained by the Boy Scouts of America for all Scouting leaders, Venturers, Sea Scouts and Boy Scouts over the age of 13. This web site is the home for all of your BSA electronic based interactive programs and these include:
- Tour Permits
- Scout Parents
- Scouting Alumni
- Commissioner Visitation
- The Scouting Community
- Your Personal Profile
- Registration for National Events such as Jamboree and the Philmont Training Center
My Scouting is your personal account so first you must establish an account. To do this you need two pieces of information found on your BSA membership card (If you do not have a card, check with your unit leadership or contact SNJC).
- Your BSA Membership Number
- The Southern New Jersey Council Number which is 334
- If you already established an account you need only to log-in using your log-in name and password.
TO ACCESS MYSCOUTING CLICK HERE In the future you access MyScouting from the Southern New Jersey Council home page by clicking the words "MY SCOUTING SITE" located on the top line of the council home page.
When you log-in to your MyScouting page:
2. GO DIRECT TO THE BSA RECHARTER PAGE BY CLICKING HERE
IMPORTANT--the first time you visit Unit Rechartering for the current charter year you are considered a NEW USER. A returning user is only used when you start your charter renewal and need to log out and return later
DOING AN ELECTRONIC CHARTER RENEWAL
Please utilize the on-line charter system. This process saves you time and allows the registrar to verify your information quicker. The council registrar will process all electronic charter submissions first.
If you need a printed version of your roster please contact Linda Biggs, the Southern New Jersey Council registrar 856/327-1700 Extension 20 or the unit serving executive for your district.
The instructions to do an electronic charter renewal are on the renewal home page. Be sure to check out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
If you have problems doing your charter renewal you may contact your unit or district commissioner, or the district executive
PLEASE try to have all charter renewals completed and submitted electronically by the 5th of the charter expiration month and bring the completed paperwork and fees to your Roundtable or to SNJC
TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC CHARTER RENEWAL PROCESS (Remember the process is not completed until your signed printed paperwork, the electronically transmitted info, and the required fees have all been received at SNJC)
When you do a electronic charter renewal remember it is not completed until you CLICK PRINT to print the copy you send to SNJC & CLICK TRANSMIT to electronically send the info to SNJC.
Once you have completed PRINT & TRANSMIT, the renewal paperwork needs to be returned to SNJC. You may do this by bringing to the December roundtable; giving to your unit commissioner or bringing to the SNJC office Remember that:
- COPIES MARKED DRAFT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
- COPIES WITHOUT SIGNATURES CANNOT BE ACCEPTED
- PAPERWOOK WITHOUT FEES CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
- ADULT LEADER APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING CERTIFICATE CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
Here is a list of what needs to be returned and please be attentive to these requirements. Omission of any items will delay your charter renewal:
- THE PRINT OUT OF YOUR CHARTER RENEWAL
- Must be signed by the unit leader and the Executive Officer of the Chartered Organization
- (Do not send a print out with the words "draft version" at the top. A draft version is your working copy to help you make changes)
- ANNUAL CHARTER AGREEMENT
- Signed by either the Executive Officer of the Chartered Organization or the Chartered Organization Representative
- THE COUNCIL COPY OF ANY NEW YOUTH APPLICATIONS
- Youth applications must be signed by the unit leader and parents
- THE COUNCIL COPY OF ANY NEW ADULT LEADER APPLICATIONS
- Adult applications must be signed by the applicant, the unit committee chairperson and either the Executive Officer of the Chartered Organization or the Chartered Organization Representative,
- The questions on the right side of the application must be answered by the applicant ,
- The social security number and date of birth must be included and legible
- The Disclosure Portion of the Adult application must be completed and signed.
- A cerificate of completion for the BSA Youth Protection Training must be attached to each new leader application.
- SNJC CHARTER FEE WORKSHEET
- FEES FOR REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE (checks payable to SNJC memo charter renewal and include your unit number)
- The twelve month BSA registration fee for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venture and Sea Scouts as well as Adult Leaders in these programs is $15.00.
- The twelve month BOYS LIFE subscription fee is $12.00 (Exploring and K-Kubs do not receive BOYS LIFE)
- There is an annual BSA Natrional Council Liability Insurance Fee of $40.00
- The SNJC Insurance fee is $3.00 per registered person (youth and leaders)
- The twelve month registration fee for Learning for Life Explorers and their leaders is $15.00
- K-KUBS ARE NOT INCLUDED ON YOUR BSA PROVIDED ROSTERS. You must include them on a separate K-Kub roster
- K-Kubs are an academic year charter (October to September) and the fee is $15.00 per youth.
- Contact your district executive for K-Kub charter info
CHARTER PAPERWORK (click to get a copy)
BSA ANNUAL CHARTER AGREEMENT--signed by the charter organization and a copy must be returned with your signed charter and fees.
SNJC CHARTER FEE WORKSHEET--use this form to calculate the SNJC insurance fee and return to SNJC
BSA APPLICATIONS---Do you have Scouts or Leaders not listed on your roster? Then the application for these persons has not been received at SNJC. Please have them complete an application and be sure to enter the information when you do the Internet Charter renewal.The completed paper application must be sent to SNJC.
YOUTH APPLICATION--remember each application needs to be signed by unit leader and parent of scout
ADULT APPLICATION--all of the questions on the right side of the application must be answered and the application must include their social security number and correct date of birth. Adult applications need to be signed by the applicant and the committee chairperson and the chartered organization representative (or executive officer of the organization). Be sure that the top portion of the adult application, the Disclosure Page, is completed and signed by the applicant
SNJC CHANGE OF POSITION FOR ADULT SCOUTERS