Online Registration is Easy!
Sign-up New Members with Online Registration & Payment
Even though our offices are closed, you can still register new members online. Families can fill out an online application a number of ways:
- By clicking the Apply Now button on your on BeAScout.org pin;
- Via a link in an invitation you send them from the Invitation Manager in My.Scouting.org
- By following an Invitation Link that you’ve included in an email, on your website, or on social media. You can copy your custom Invitation Link from the Invitation Manager in My.Scouting.org.
You should encourage your new scouts’ families to pay online as well. Online payment has two big advantages:
Convenience – In our current stay-at-home situation, processing payments through the office is difficult at best. Online payment is quick and easy for the new family.
Fast – When the family pays online, the new scout is registered in your unit as soon as you accept their application in the Application Manager.
The Online Registration system charges only for the current pro-rated membership and Boys’ Life subscription fees. Units that charge an additional activity fee can fill in the fee amount and a message explaining the fee in the My.Scouting.org Organization Manager under Email Settings/Fee Emails. The Unit can then contact the new families to collect this fee directly from them.
Online Registration – Not Just for Youth!
Starting today, the Garden State Council has activated online registration for adult members. Adult registration is available for all positions at the council, district, and unit levels.
Online applications for adults are a lot like youth applications, except the approval process now involves the Chartered Organization Representative (COR). Just as the COR must sign each paper adult application, they must also approve adult applications submitted online. This involves reading and acknowledging any positive answers to the screening questions, assigning a position in the unit, and approving the application.
The unit Committee Chair (CC) can recommend a position to the COR if the unit sets the Committee Chair and Chartered Org Representative Approval Required option in the My.Scouting.org Organization Manager under Membership Application Approval.
There are a couple of things to be aware of:
- Online Registration can’t be used for Transfers or Changes of Position. These require paper applications.
- Applications for no-fee District positions like Merit Badge Counselor, Nova Counselor, and SuperNova Mentor can be entered. Merit Badge Counselors and SuperNova Mentors will still need to submit the appropriate Information Form to their District Executive.
More information about Online Registration can be found at http://www.scouting.org/onlineregistration.
You can download the Online Registration Unit Guidebook from there. The sections relating to handling adult applications start on page 11 and page 33.
Email Registrar@GardenStateScouting.org if you have questions regarding online applications for youth or adults!