Organized camping is a creative, educational experience in cooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings to contribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
- Camping contributes to good health.
- Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Camping enhances spiritual growth.
- Camping contributes to social development.
- Camping is an experience in citizenship training.
- Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces kids to the knowledge and skills that they will learn and apply more thoroughly as a Scout.
The Cub Scout Outdoor Program
Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces kids to and helps them develop outdoor skills at an age-appropriate level that will later be applied more thoroughly as a Scout.
Portable Outdoor Program Exciting program venues that are easily transportable. Put some POP in your Cub outdoor programs.
Pack Overnight Form This site appraisal form is to be used by the local BSA council to evaluate pack overnight family camping locations. It should be kept on file in the council office for local unit reference and is periodically reviewed for accuracy.
The Scouts BSA Outdoor Program
Outdoor adventure is the promise made to boys and girls when they join Scouting. Young people yearn for outdoor programs that stir their imagination and interest.
Outdoor Adventure Resources
Garden State Council Camps
Our Council camp properties offer a wide range of activities, as well as a great place for units to run their own programs. Visit our property reservation site for details about each camp’s features.