Units must complete the Charter Renewal process annually in order to remain active in the Scouting program. This process involves checking your roster, verifying position and contact information, adding and deleting members, and paying the National BSA annual registration, charter and insurance fees.
What You Need to Recharter
- A unit ID and portal access code is emailed to all Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Crew Advisors, and Committee Chairs, usually in late October. Explorer Posts will receive this information directly from their District Executive. This information is the access key for the Internet Rechartering portal, located here.
- Confirmation that all adults registered with your unit are current with their Youth Protection Training. Untrained adults will delay your recharter.
- A record of all updates to your unit roster — youth and adults — since your last recharter.
- A current Journey to Excellence scorecard for your unit’s program type (ie Pack. Troop, Crew, etc). Find updated JTE scorecards from National here.
- Check your unit’s BeAScout.org pin to ensure all contact info is up-to-date. Find more information about Online Registration for Unit Leaders here.
- Contact information for your District Executive or Commissioner in case you have questions.