The state of New Jersey’s “Road Back” plan is pictured in a handy infographic at the end of this post. The Garden State Council, BSA, has created a plan for our “Road Back to In-Person Scouting” to coincide with the State’s “Stages.”
Please review the Stage progression, below.
The State is currently in Stage 2 and so is the Garden State Council.
Stage 1 for Scouting in the Council means:
Stage 1 saw the biggest shutdown:
- Units are encouraged to not meet face-to-face.
- Garden State Council employees are providing service remotely.
- Physical stores, offices, and camps are closed to the public.
- Stores are open for curbside pick-up only.
Stage 2 began on June 15 :
- Units can meet, following the guidelines of the State, charter partner, and meeting location. When possible, outside meetings are recommended.
- Camps will be open for day-only visitors.
- Stores will be open to no more than 5 customers at a time.
- Visitors to the office will be limited to fewer than 5 people at a time.
When the state announces Stage 3:
- Most unit activities will be allowed with significant safeguarding.
- Camps will be open for overnight camping, following safeguards.
- Stores and offices will be open to visitors, following guidelines established by the State.
All Stages require following state-recommended safeguards and guidelines including:
- Don’t feel well? Stay home.
- Anyone with a temp of 100.5+ should remain home until fever free for 48 hours.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Store customers and office visitors are asked to wear masks.
- Keep 6-feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Visitors are not permitted into office spaces. Visitors will be greeted in common spaces of Service Centers.
- Restrooms converted to single use. Follow posted instructions to wipe faucets and door handles with disinfectant wipes or paper towels during use.
We are as eager to get to the “new normal” as you are and appreciate your continued compliance with the safety guidelines established to keep our Scouting family healthy during this challenging time.
Yours in Scouting,
The Garden State Council Team