We welcomed a new member of the Garden State Council team this week when Hunter Layne joined us as the new Senior District Executive for White Horse District. Previously, Council Executive Patrick Linfors temporarily served the District until a permanent team member could be hired.
Originally from Virginia, Hunter is an Eagle Scout and former Program Director for Rodney Scout Reservation. He served the Del-Mar-Va Council for more than three years.
What is a District Executive
In a BSA Council, the District Executives are part of the “field services team,” and are tasked with providing direct support to all chartered Scouting units in their assigned District. They work with a District Committee comprised of volunteers, and maintain direct communication with unit leaders. Each District also maintains its own Facebook Pag
They also look for new opportunities to extend Scouting in the communities they serve, whether establishing new Charter Organizations or helping to launch new programs like Sea Scouting, Exploring, and STEM Scouts.
Who is Your District Executive?
- BaySea District — Bill Wasakenas — Serving Cape May and Cumberland Counties, Pittsgrove Township in Salem County, Newfield Borough in Gloucester County, and Buena Vista Township and the Borough of Buena in Atlantic County
- Mahalala District — Joe Blazejewski— Serving the Burlington County municipalities of Beverly, Cinnaminson, Delanco, Delran, Edgewater Park, Evesham, Maple Shade, Marlton, Moorestown, Mount Laurel, Palmyra, Riverside, Riverton, and Willingboro
- Old Colony District — Bob Hayes — Serving Gloucester and Salem Counties
- Quakesen District — Justin LoMonaco — Serving the Burlington County communities of Mansfield, Bordentown, Chesterfield, Burlington, Columbus, Roebling, Indian Mills, Medford, Lumberton, Hainesport, Wrightstown, Pemberton Twp., Browns Mills, Vincentown, Chatsworth, Tabernacle, Medford Lakes, Eastampton, Westampton, Mt. Holly, and North Hanover
- White Horse District — Hunter Layne — Serving Camden County